Dominicide

Twisting Nether - Horde
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies  [ 5 Posts ] 
 Post subject: Minkus's App :D
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:14 pm 
Initiate

Class: Rogue
Profession: Jewelcrafting
Profession: Enchanting
Name: Minkus
Past Guilds: Fruit Vendor, Thieves Guild
Theives Guild was kinda just a joke for me to join, and Fruit Vendor was my friends making a guild which then grew to be able to do kara, unfortunately it broke apart due to two members (big jerks) and school starting up again.

Talent spec: Subtlety

Current keys: Very near Hellfire and Zangarmarsh heroics, working on Kara key now

Availability: I have no life so 24/7 is good Mr. Green

About you: Well, I love my rogue, I love PvP and Raiding (for what I have done so far) I like to think I'm nice, and I play waaay too much lol

also just hit 70!! woooot

Post subject: Re: Minkus's App :D
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:08 am 
Megatron

Class: Warlock
Profession: Alchemy
Profession: Tailoring
Slonato tells me he'll pick you guys up the next time he sees you. Alternatively, one of the random Dom officers can do it too, up to you guys! =)

Looks like you have a good deal of 70 instancing to do before you raid, but I think you know this. You should try other rogue specs too if you haven't already, 41 sub is good for like battlegrounds ... and not much else, hehe. =)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:29 am 
Initiate

Profession: Jewelcrafting
Yea so much new gear to get O.O

But I've been every spec. I have no problem going back to assassination, but combat's not gonna happen Razz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:48 am 
Initiate

Profession: Engineering
Sil won't let me live down the time I tried to raid as Mutilate spec. Ask him about it sometime Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:10 pm 
Megatron

Class: Warlock
Profession: Alchemy
Profession: Tailoring
Honestly, it depends how serious you want to be in PvE.

Mutiliate/combat can work in Kara OK enough with proper gear. Mutiliate/sub is pretty bad, and full sub is pretty pvp-only and terrific garbage in anything else (popular rule of thumb for others is that if you get out-dps'ed by a sub rogue, you're possibly doing something wrong).

Anything beyond Kara though is going to require a combat spec of some sort (would suggest swords, but daggers works good too, but there's a lot of dagger rogues now because of weapon availability in Kara; I would suggest an arena team regardless to fill out your OH slot).

Combat is like night and day to other rogue specs, it's anywhere between a 200-400 dps increase, depending on if you get a windfury totem or not. If you're not combat, then your melee dps suddenly becomes ranged-dps level, but with all the requirements melee dps has to put up with (extra healing, group stacking, etc). It's just not worth it. But again, this is only if you want to be serious in 25-mans.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies  [ 5 Posts ]