Dominicide

Twisting Nether - Horde
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [Raiding] Intelligent Use of Consumable System (IUoC)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:57 pm 
Megatron

Class: Warlock
Profession: Alchemy
Profession: Tailoring
This is a general framework outlining the use of consumables. It's essentially what I would hope to see; although consumables are ultimately yours and you are free to do what you wish. My expectation is that with the 2.1 consumable re-tuning (1 defensive+1 offensive elixir), using consumables in raids will be much cheaper, and much more feasible from the farming/pocketbook point of view. So I hope to see everyone bringing their respective consumables; you can go as low-end or high-end as you want, it is up to you.

With that said, here's the short outline of IUoC:

- Mana/Healing Potions: Use combat / unstable / volatile potions as much as possible; they are great on trash fights when things go wrong, and combat potions are practically free if you PvP at all. Super Healing/Mana potions are going to be expected on boss fights that are healing intensive. If a raid wipes because you are out of mana and were chugging combat mana potions the entire time, then please think about all the other consumables that just got flushed.

- Trash: I honestly do not expect any elixir usage on clearing trash -- accidents happen during trash; especially tanks who wind up on the bad end of a pull and suddenly lose their buffs.

- Practice Rounds:Fights typically associated as progression, or fights we are still learning as a guild, I do not expect high pre-fight consumable usage; Save your elixirs. I have some expectation on healers using mana potions at their own discretion -- combat/unstable mana potions; Save your super mana potions. The ultimate goal of this point is to save money in the long run; as wiping repeatedly and losing even more than your repair cost is frustrating, and I empathize. Feel free to use cheapo elixirs if you have them, but just like trash, I'm not expecting you to spend money up front just to get an "edge" on a fight that everyone is not entirely practiced up on yet.

- Boss Time: Use your elixirs, occupy the defensive/offensive slots that are worthwhile to you, and break out the super mana/healing potions. We're going for the kill, and your few gold in consumables give you an edge you would otherwise not have.

- Food Buffs: Bring them -- these are so easy to farm, and there are a lot of people in the guild who can cook buff foods. Ask on guildchat what people can cook, and take the 5 minutes to farm a few mobs to get the cooking going.

Again, your buffs are yours to do what you please. The above is just a general framework, that I'll be using personally.

Post subject: Re: [Raiding] Intelligent Use of Consumable System (IUoC)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:59 pm 
Megatron

Alchemy Retuning as of 2.1:

- 1 offensive/1 defensive elixir, or 1 flask. These are your consumable options: e.g., you can have an armor elixir up, and an agility elixir up, occupying both slots; you cannot drink another strength elixir as this would be a second offensive elixir. I really don't see a need for spellcasters to be using their defensive slot on armor potions; use your best discretion.

- Swap on what herbs are required to make super healing/mana potions. Mana will be requiring dreaming glory, which is comparatively easier to procure than netherbloom -- I really, really, really do not want to hear "But Super Mana potions are too expensive!" from healers anymore. Please empathize with tanks who are dying because you ran out of mana at the last few moments of a fight - your lack of a potion was just outshined by a repair bill.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:37 pm 
Initiate

Class: Warrior
Silmeria wrote:

- 1 offensive/1 defensive elixir, or 1 flask. These are your consumable options: e.g., you can have an armor elixir up, and an agility elixir up, occupying both slots; you cannot drink another strength elixir as this would be a second offensive elixir. I really don't see a need for spellcasters to be using their defensive slot on armor potions; use your best discretion.

Just to let casters know, the 25 intellect potions count as guardian, so feel free to use those if you have them.
I don't raid with my mage much, though- so I don't know what any of the other potions fall under.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:07 pm 
Megatron

I should update this thread sometime. =P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:58 pm 
Initiate

Class: Warrior
>.> Sorry, I was bored and making sure I looked through everything so I would at least have an idea of how things in the guild should be working.

I'll look at post dates from now on. :]